3-Month Program: May 13, 2023 – August 11, 2023
6-Month Program: February 12, 2024 – August 19, 2024
导航器准备 Jr. is a virtual 6-month program for current high school juniors to proactively prepare for the college application process and the transition to college. This program offers 6- and 3-month tracks during the pivotal months for current high school juniors to begin searching and evaluating colleges.
- Features a combination of videoconferencing, 在线研讨会, 时事通讯, 和报告, including three live virtual sessions per month (one each of individual student, 家长, and family sessions) and one instructional webinar focused on key topics related to the transition to college.
- Provides a pre-program and post-program assessment that evaluates skills impacting college readiness (academic, 社会, 情绪调节, 自我意识, 独立生活, 以及执行功能).
- Develops these skills through personalized coaching and activities that are fundamental to the college search process, so that by the end of the program each student is prepared to begin applying to colleges that are well-suited to their academic and 社会 needs.
- Concludes with a summative report from the Transition Center detailing specific recommendations for the student’s final year of high school and key considerations in evaluating colleges.
Access the Recording >
有问题? — If you have questions about the program, 与大学准备相关的问题, or would generally like to speak with a transition counselor, you can schedule a virtual one-on-one meeting online.
导航器准备 is the country’s first virtual transition program for neurodiverse students, helping college-bound high school seniors recognize and develop the skills needed for the transition to college. Recognizing that college success 对于学习方式不同的学生 directly correlates to how well the student is prepared for this major transition, 导航器准备 Jr. aims to begin this preparation process even earlier – in the student’s junior year of high school, when self-driven executive functioning skills are critical to the college application process.
Through a differentiated curriculum based on student needs, families receive individualized transition counseling to better understand the post-secondary support model within higher education. 另外, students and families work collaboratively with their Transition Counselor to identify the student’s level of independent functioning with recommendations on how best to develop the executive functioning, 社会融合, and 情绪调节 skills needed to find post-secondary success. 在六个月的课程中, students receive individualized and group-based instruction to develop a deeper understanding of the skills required to succeed in life after high school while also determining an appropriate college environment based on their learning profile.
- Learn about the realities of college 对于学习方式不同的学生, including accessing accommodations and understanding resources offered at colleges.
- 提高他们的自我意识 体育菠菜app当前和未来的需求.
- Develop executive functioning skills as they research, organize, and evaluate college data.
- 制定宣传行动步骤 essential for early college success.
- 有一个清晰的计划 entering the college application season.
- 与你合作 to identify and support specific concerns you may have about the student’s preparation for college.
- 与你分享 best practices on how to help prepare for the challenges of college independence.
- 介绍你认识 to the significant differences between high school and college.
- 帮助制定一个过渡计划 to proactively prepare for college throughout junior and senior year.
“I joined 导航器准备 halfway through 11th grade. 导航器准备 gave me clarity about myself as I headed into my Senior Year. 我感谢生活!”
“The overall experience I had was extremely beneficial and helpful. It taught me skills and helped instill confidence about transitioning to College. (My Transition Counselor) was a wonderful instructor and he has my highest thanks!”
To apply to the 2022-23 导航器准备 Jr. program, please complete the following steps. Related documents are accepted by email, fax, or mail.
- 完成 导航器准备 Jr. 网上报名表格.
- Upon acceptance to the program, you will be asked for the following supporting documentation:
- IEP / 504 Plan or other Information Related to Student Learning Needs
- 在节目开始之前, you will be asked to complete a self-assessment using our proprietary 大学独立量表.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the 灯塔的大学 Transition Center.